Saturday, March 7, 2009



The Countdown is on!!!!

April 28th Lover Avenged comes out. The story of Rhev and Ehlena!!! I have loved Rhev from day one and cannot wait!

Plus Ehlena is a nurse...a girl after my own heart! The exerpts that Ward has posted on her site are phenomenal!

ALRIGHTY!!! I HAVE SEEN THE PURPLE LIGHT!
Rhev's book is done. Now let me say, after Lover Enshrined I was sooooo fed up with Ward. I was just done with her books. Phury was such pussy and his mate sucked too. I was pissed b/c she gave a ton ton of time to the new troika and I really didnt like and still am not too sure about JM. So when the Compendium came out I was like no way dude, not happening....well....she threw in a short story of Bella and Z and Im telling you that thing would never have sold so many copies if she hadnt. Plus another bonus was a blurb about my main man Rhev. Now for some reason, dont know what it is...but I can read a book and usually p/u whether its gonna be worth the read. Let me say, Ward had me on this one. The blurb reminded me of her earlier works.

So that being said, I have devoured Lover Avenged. Ward has redeemed herself in mine eyes. This is probably bumped up to my third fave, my first being of course Z and Bella, and my second, which is much controversial with people being V and Jane. Rhev's story was very well done. Ehlena is the effin shit! She is sooooo real, she has a real job, she has to struggle to survive and take care of an aging father and the glymera have done the family wrong. Its in your face realism from a paranormal standpoint. You can just picture yourself in her shoes. To be honest I didnt experience that with any of the others. Rhev is heartbreaking. Yes he's a pimp, drugdealer, criminal...but you know what how far would you go to take care of the only people you loved and that loved you? Hey, dont put me in that sitch cuz your gonna get the same results.

There are also alot of other story lines happening here...Wrath and Beth are featured alot and it was great to see them back in action. Wrath ends up losing his site completely. He also was going out fighting without Beth knowing and man...shit hits the fan.

Tohr is back, he wallows around for about half the book, then Lassiter tells him Wellsie send him to save Tohr and whups, I better shape up. Which kinda irritated me. He really destroys JM in this book before he wakes up and as far as JM is concerned he is done with the "family" sitch.

Speaking of JM....well....lets just say you see the next book unfold. Like I said before im not a big fan of his, so its going to depend on the other arcs in his book and the next one coming out b/c I dont think I would buy it in H/B.

Lash is in this one alot, as he is the new face for the Lessening society...good stuff happening with him too.,

I really recommend it great job by Ward!

No comments: